New Here and a Sufferer for Many Years.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sunnytime, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Sunnytime
      Wishful

Sunnytime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      Hi, I have had T like many of you that seems like forever. Sometimes the noise is not as loud as other times. I am not sure what causes it to be louder, when it does get louder it takes a month or two to quite down to a tolerable noise. I have been under extra stress for about a year. I believe that makes my T worse and right now the last four weeks have been miserable. I have not gone to a Dr yet about this I just put up with it, some days I do great , others I do terrible. Right now I am terrible. It is nice to come here and be able to talk to other with the same problem. I have to sleep with a fan to help sleep but I can always hear my T over it. But I am able to sleep good. I just pray that soon there will be some break through for all of us sufferers. What do you all do to mask your T? Thanks for reading my post and I hope your T is at a very low level.

Sunny

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Hey Sunny I use a crickets app on my iphone to mask at night when I sleep works pretty well. I've had T now for 7 months and TMJ and its been quite a battle like you said some good days some not so good. I do feel as time goes on that I'm habituating more and more but its definitely an emotional battle....Stay strong

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sunnytime
      Wishful

Sunnytime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      Thanks Carlos, After all these years you would think I would be used to it. I have to really try hard and not let it effect me when it is in its high zone. I got to get this stress under control.

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Hey Sunny. I'd say watch your diet. Stay away from sodium heavy foods. Also, I find that Zinc Piccolate, Magnesium (Citrate or Chloride or even Oxide, but the first 2 are better), B12, and even Ginko can help a bit. I also have had some success with Lipoflavanoid/Bioflavanoids and homeopathic stuff like ring relief. Even though it may be a bit of a placebo affect, it does help me feel like I am doing something to help it. I have also been experimenting with finding the exact tone of my T which is around 1895Kh and I use an app on my smart phone to play that frequency. I believe it's phase cancellation that cause the it, but my T will just disappear for a little bit.
      I also take Lorazapam/Lexapro in small doses. The Lorazapam REALLY helps, but I don't completely recommend it cause it's a Benzo and you build a tolerance/dependence with it.

Stay positive and stay strong. I know shit gets hard and will get harder for me through the years but I can only choose to enjoy life. There's too much good stuff in the world.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sunnytime
      Wishful

Sunnytime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      Thanks so much SoulStation I truly appreciate your post. I am so glad I found this place.

6. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Have you tried taking any meds for anxiety and stress?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sunnytime
      Wishful

Sunnytime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      I try not too, but if I do need them I will. If this is going to be with me for the rest of my life, I need to learn to live with it side by side. I guess you call that hybituate? I know I butchered the spelling on that one. ha.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Sunytime!! (Luv the name!)

:welcomesignanimation:

Sorry you are suffering! Wow tinnitus since 1990, gnarly! :eek: You have made it this far, so you'll get through!
      Yes, stress can exacerbate T for sure. So definitely work on de-stressing!! Exercise, meditate, breathing exercises, massage, maybe acupuncture, socialize, etc... Try to get stabilized, and that may require some meds for a bit to get you leveled off, may consult a psychiatrist.

Visit this forum often and explore the many threads on treatments, support, research, etc... TONS of great info and FABULOUS support!! I wouldn't be where I am today (mostly habituated) without this forum and the wonderful people on here who "GET IT"!!

You are going to get through this!!!

9. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Have had T since 1999 wow time flys by. To this day I have good day's and bad. My T actually went away for a couple years I was so happy thinking yep its over but it came back a few months ago. I must continue on life is short. You take it one day at a time. Hang in there.