New Here and New Tinnitus Sufferer (My Story)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by branman79, Oct 27, 2013.

1. branman79

branman79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Hi all,

Im new here and am relieved to know that there is a support forum for this. My case is kind of strange and im still in the process of figuring out what happened but it seems as though nobody can give me an answer. In july of this year i was struck with rhabdomylosis from doing crossfit, i ended up in the ER where they explained to me the whole process of what id done and how it affected my kidneys. Rhabdo is a rapid breakdown of muscle tissue that dies and leaks into the bloodstream poisioning the kidneys. I was feeling dizzy for a week with a ring in my right ear before i went to my doc where he did a blood panel on me. This panel came back showing my liver enzymes were way out of whack so he then ordered a more extensive panel. When those numbers came back he called me and told me to go to the ER emidiately- my ckp (kidney) numbers were at 2,900 where normal range is 200-400. This was nearly a week in duration so who knows what the numbers were the day that i did it. After a stay at the hospital and a couple weeks of rest and fluids my kidneys and liver had returned to normal but one thing stayed- tinnitus! Ive had it now for almost 4 months and its a constand high pitch low volume in my right ear. In the last couple months ive had a ct,mri, saw a nuerologist and ent, none of which can give me an answer to this. The ent told me it was hearing loss and that i will have to learn to live with it??? Wow im still at a loss. I have intermitently battled anxiety and depression growing up which may play a role but i highly doubt it as this all hit me right arter the rhabdo. Im a 35 yr old male and would love some feedback on this or a possible answer.. Also, ive been having constant head pressure daily that doesnt hurt but makes me kind of dizzy. Thank you all for this support.

2. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      You've come to the right place for support. I'm new to tinnitus also. Mine seems to be from a cold and being on medications that were ototoxic. They tell me I have some hearing loss too. I don't have any answers for you, but I can tell you there are some knowledgeable people here to help you through the Tinnitus. I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Hang in there and look around this site there is a lot of information.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      You have been through a lot. I would find out if your ENT gave you a test for:

Meniere's disease - MayoClinic.com
      www.mayoclinic.com/health/menieres-disease/DS00535‎
      Meniere's disease — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of this balance and hearing disorder.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      branman79

branman79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Thank you guys for the advice and links, when i get better i will be a little more accertive with my doc about exploring more doctors and having them take a more thourough look... I forgot to add that i had an infected root canal on my front tooth. I had the tooth pulled today and am hoping that this somehow played a role. The t is low today but ive been on percocet all day. Thanks again guys for the support

5. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Happy to hear your tooth got pulled .. i recently read that root canal is cause for many problems and illnesses. Mainly because the bacteria in the root canal go straight into the bloodstream and poison the body! I`m gonna try to find the article.

here it is

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/18/dangers-of-root-canaled-teeth.aspx