New Here but Old Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by redbandit14, Jan 15, 2014.

1. redbandit14

redbandit14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/1995
      Hi,
      I just joined but I've had Tinnitus for over 15 years.
      I was told there was nothing that could be done so I've done my best to ignore it .
      I'm also a Type 1 Diabetic which may have been a factor in developing tinnitus I've been told.
      But i went to more than a few overly loud concerts as kid and spent time in the army being macho and firing weapons without adequate ear protection so maybe it started there.
      My hearing seems to be getting worse which makes the tinnitus worse. Which is why i'm looking for some info and hopefully some sort of treatment.

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Red, welcome to TT. First off, if you are a Leafs fan, The Winter Classic was a great game. There are many sections in this forum, I suggest you browse through them. There's plenty to read here and perhaps help you. You will also find posts and links that will go into detail regarding the inner workings of the cochela, this comes in very handy for me when I visit my ENT or other Dr's. Having an understanding enables us to be on the same page, and discuss tinnitus and possible treatments to try.

I am type II diabetic. I know diabetes thickens the blood, so yes it would make sense that it could be a contributing factor in impeding the blood flow to the ear.

Looking forward to reading posts from you.