New Here! Not New to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wolfmom21, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Wolfmom21
      Blah

Wolfmom21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all! I've been lurking for years, but could really use some help. I was born deaf in my right ear and have lived a pretty normal life up until about 5 years ago. I had a sudden "attack" that has been happening at least once a year since. It starts with deafening, roaring, low frequency T. So loud that I can barely hear over it. It seems so much worse to me since I only have one ear. I can't hear around the noise.

I have really high sensitivity to all noises and low sounds hurt my ears. The past couple of times it has happened I have had vertigo towards the end of the attack. In total they last about 4 days! It' hard to work and drive and I kinda shut down emotionally when this happens. Today is my birthday, and here I sit.

The roaring has started and I know that it will get louder and I'm trying to brace myself for a week of misery. I'm married and have a 15 year old son. I hate it when I feel like this because I'm so not fun to be around.

My ENT has mentioned Meniere's disease, but I haven' shown all of the classic symptoms when she has examined me. My hearing is fine after an attack and I haven't had an y hearing loss in my only good ear.

Guess I'm just looking for a little support from people who are going through the same things I am. Thanks for reading all of this! Any encouraging words would be appreciated