Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Philip Longmeier, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Philip Longmeier

Philip Longmeier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello. My name is Phil and I have had tinnitus for about four years. I think it can trace it back to a time when I injured my neck. I don't know how I did it, I had no specific accident or trauma to my neck, but my neck began to ache so I went to a doctor for a shot. The pain went away for awhile but the returned after a few weeks. I did not go back for a follow up shot because I was disappointed with the results and the shots were expensive. Eventually the pain went away on it's own. I can't say specifically when I first noticed the ringing but it was very light at first. Barely noticeable. Now, here I am at 3 in the morning with a noise in my left ear, yes it's only in my left ear, that is constant and loud enough to keep me awake. It has defiantly gotten worse over time and I am very worried that it will continue to get worse still. I know there is no medication for this malady. Oddly it's severity can come and go. It's not always intolerable. I usually sleep OK but I've noticed it getting worse lately. I work in room where there can be a lot of low level noise, two big copy machines running a good deal of the time, but I really don't think that is to blame. The noise is not really loud though it can be constant. I do wear ear phones, not noise reduction ear phones, most of the time. I did the ear wax thing a few years ago but to no avail. So here I am. Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Did you get XRAY of neck area?

3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor