New to Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pppg18, May 16, 2018.

1. Pppg18

Pppg18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      I've had Tinnitus in my right ear since the beginning of April, 2018 after being exposed to a loud gunshot.

I had pain and there was inflammation. Went to ENT and was given Prednisone.

The good news is that I didn't do any permanent damage.
      After the accident, every sound was unbearable.

Being in a group with others talking was horrible. I couldn't compete with the noise. I had to leave a restaurant because the sounds were bouncing off my head. This has gotten a little better and I can sit through a meal. I make sure my ear is facing a wall and that really helps.

The Tinnitus has gotten better but I can still hear the humming in my head when it is quiet.

I am taking B Complex, B-12, C. Herbs, Turmeric (mix with a fat like yogurt and a pinch of black pepper), Ginger, Garlic, etc.
      I am also using the homeopathic remedy Cinchona.

In the first few weeks, I used warm compresses on the outside of my ear and it really helped.

Staying quiet and out of loud spaces helps as well.

I will keep the group posted on my progress.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    2. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      Hi, @Pppg18
      You've landed in a great spot -- there is a wealth of information here, and a lot of very supportive people. Hope things continue to improve for you.

Mystery Reader

3. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      I'm glad you got seen quickly by a good ENT. Chances are you will make a full recovery. It may take a bit of time though so be patient and avoid loud noise and wearing headphones