New to the Group, Not to Tinnitus — Now Going Through Stress and Struggling with the Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chief Dingaling, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Chief Dingaling

Chief Dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I'm Barbara aka Chief Dingaling. I conducted handbell choirs for 15 years, and my bell ringers dubbed me Chief Dingaling. With the tinnitus, the name sure fits.

I've had tinnitus for many years and have dealt with it, after a fashion. In the beginning, I thought I would. Never get used to the noise. But over time I did.

Now it seems to have returned with a vengeance. I have a great deal of stress in my life right now, so I imagine that is why it is bothering me so much. Tension is not a friend of tinnitus.

Just hoping to chat and get new insight on what advances have been made over the past 20 years. Hopefully some new coping techniques.
      Thanks for accepting me in your group.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Were you exposed to loud music in your choir, did you wear ear protection if in loud noise environments?

Tinnitus is almost always caused by a hearing deficit, taking magnesium and alleviating stress, and avoid loud noises might help you. You don't have to give up music but you can't do things that are too loud.