New to This Tinnitus Help :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Connor528, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Connor528

Connor528 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/16
      Few days ago I got a little buzzing sound in my ear and it is very annoying and its stopping me from doing stuff, I suffer from severe anxiety too can stress cause tinnitus? And what causes tinnitus to get worse? Because I don't want it too :(

2. shreddAr87

shreddAr87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music...history of anxiety/depression...earplugs idk
      I think it depends on what has caused your tinnitus when it comes to determining what will make it worse...idk. I just had a battery of hearing tests that told be I had near perfect hearing, and I've noticed that loud sounds don't affect my head noise whatsoever. Most people here will tell you that loud noises makes their T worse but then again they probably have hearing loss and/or received their T from a sudden loud noise or a concert. You'll have to figure out what makes yours worse...fun huh? No seriously though do you surf luke your avatar implies cuz id you do you need to go get some waves asap. The ocean will heal you.

3. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      Hi Connor,

Stress and anxiety can make tinnitus worse, aswell as listening to loud music for too long. If it's only a "little" buzzing and it's so new, you should recover well from it. The sound can go away completely, or after time you'll just notice it less and less and it won't cause you any problems.

You may want to go and see a doctor to get your ears checked just in case they can find a reason for it. You don't seem to know a specific reason that could've causes it, so it could be an ear infection, wax buildup or anything else.

Try to keep your mind busy and distracted from the sound, this should ease up your anxiety about it.

Regards,
      Daniel