New to This

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mckinneyka, May 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. mckinneyka

mckinneyka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm new to this site, as I'm new to Tinnitus and trying to figure it out. It started a couple of months ago and isn't going away. It usually starts out mild each morning, but gets worse throughout the day, especially when I have to deal with people that irritate me. I've joked about it just being a natural defense mechanism of my body to tune people out ;-) It's really hard to concentrate when everything is masked with a high pitched ringing.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Cityjohn
      Studious

Cityjohn Member Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Food poisoning.
      Sorry to see you here but you're very welcome. I'm also finding it exceedingly difficult to focus...

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello and welcome!
      Tinnitus does get worse when we are tired and stressed out (and irritating people
      are stressful). I assume that the people who irritate you have something to do with your job, so maybe your days off are better? Glad to see that you maintain a sense of humor.