New to Tinnitus and It's Killing Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Saif, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi everyone ,

My name is Saif I'm 19 years old from Dubai , I've been experiencing tinnitus for about one month, it's ringing in ears and i hear it in my brain or my ear, I don't listen to loud music or any loud noises. I think when I was 14 i kept hearing this voice and I thought it was normal to any one. On December i went to the ENT because i had some issue with my ear, but before I enter to the doctor they told me that i have a high blood pressure and i must take pills. After two days i went to the internet and I've searched about ears and high blood pressure, then i found the surprise that high blood pressure cause T, So I've searched about the voice in my head and I found it ! It really makes me depressed for the whole month. Every day when I sleep I hope that i don't wake up, it's really make me think about dying and not keep going with my life.

After one weak I went to the doctor and I told him that I hear voice in my head, so he did a hearing test but no hearing loss, so he gave me a medicine for my nose allergiec and that's it, no change in the ringing and he kept saying that it's maybe from your weight and high blood pressure but I don't believe him and I know it will be in my head for the rest of my live.

When i searched about it in Arabic (my language) I didn't find any website that talk about it and share, so I searched about it in English and it's makes me happy to read some of success stories. This week T is making me crazy, I hear it every time and I cant ignore it. I don't know if it's weird, but for me I can sleep with the ringing it's not hard. The only thing it's killing me it's when I hear it in normal places with some sound and i can't ignore it, I don't know if my brain will get use to it, because I read a lot of stories that even they have it for years but they still annoyed with it and still sleep with white noise.
      After one month of having T, I wonder how people keep saying that the brain will get use to this sound !

I have few Q for those who suffers from T few months, does listing to white noise will affect my T ? and if I focus on the ringing sound in quit room, is it good for my brain to accept the sound ?

Sorry about my English because Arabic is my first language, but I needed to share my T with you .
      I hope that I will find some advices because i can't live with this sound :(

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Welcome to the forum Saif, sorry to hear about your t.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Saif, and welcome!

To answer your questions:

1. Listening to white noise may or may not affect your tinnitus, but there are other kinds of noise that may be more soothing. You might try listening to nature sounds, such as running water or the sound of a stream, or perhaps brown noise or pink noise. Those seem to be preferred by more people.

2. If you're in a quiet room and you focus on the sound, you'll make yourself more upset, and that will lead to more anxiety. It's better, when in a quiet room, to have some sort of sound in the background, such as a fan running or a sound machine playing. That way, you won't focus on the tinnitus sound so much.

Other people on this forum may have additional comments or suggestions.

I wish you a quiet evening, and I'm glad you are able to sleep! You are very lucky not to have sleep problems.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Hi Saif, welcome ... we all know what you are going through. Tinnitus is an unwanted guest but also can bring alot of positive change to your life if you use it that way. For many people Tinnitus will be the moment where they started changing certain bad habbits and lifestyle choices that needed to change a long time ago. For myself I started eating more healthy and exercising and that in itself gave me more joy in life and I even believe it helped with the tinnitus. Still hopeing for the final cure ofcourse but consider where you can help yourself in your life ... I know you will be great!

• Like Like x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thank you everyone for your comments and advices, it's really make happy that there are many people have what I have and they care about each other.

I had a good day and I think my brain is getting use to this sound, some of people will think that is easy to ignore my sound. My tinnitus is always in my brain and I hear it every time even when I turn my TV on or my music.

I still have the idea about hating my life and kill my self but for now I try to accept this sound that i will hear it in my life, i will try to be positive and I always try to avoid the sad stories about T. I know that i will use to it.

I know that I got it in young age but It's not gonna kill me or heart me. So always I try to be positive.

For those who are complaining about Tinnitus, just look at my situation, I have diabetes type 2 and high blood pressure, it all came from my high weight that i'm trying to loose it, and I'm only 19 !

And life still going on :)

Thank you all :) hope you coping with Tinnitus

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Again , sorry for my English :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      the issues you mention like high blood pressure and diabetis are culture related issues wich can be solved with some diligence and support from your friends and family... but most of all with some focus form yourself in your life.. I know some good books and movies that will inspire you. PM me if you want to know more. Big hug x

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thank you nills for your support.
      About these issues my weight now is 115 ! when I knew that i had diabetes I was 130, So I lost 15 Kg in 2 months.
      I will handle it and I will try to loose all of my over weight :)
      Thanks again for your reply :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Saif,

We're proud of you for losing all that weight!! That is definitely a step in the right direction.

Are you currently taking blood pressure medicine and medicine for diabetes? For me, blood pressure medicine actually caused my current tinnitus. I am not taking it any more, and am now taking a supplement called CardiTone. I also exercise, watch my diet, and take fish oil and other supplements. Maybe you'll get to the point where you can get off the drugs eventually; then, you might notice a change in your tinnitus. Mine has definitely improved since my blood pressure is under control and I'm no longer on the drugs.

There is lots of reason for you to have hope that things will improve!

Karen

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi Karen,

Yes I'm taking Cozar 50 mg for my blood pressure and Glucophage for my diabetes. I noticed that my T increased when I first tasked the blood pressure medicine, but I will try to leave them soon and use my diet as a medicine.
      My Doctor said that I can leave them when I loose all my weight, Even for my diabetes.
      I'm really shy that I take medicines for blood pressure and I'm only 19 . :facepalm: :(
      If I can ask you about your age Karen, and how long you've had this problem with your blood pressure?
      I hope so that my T will improve since my blood pressure is under control.
      Thanks Karen for the reply, you really made my day ! :)