New to Tinnitus, Since November 2015

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jovita1969, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Jovita1969

Jovita1969 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Hi everyone
      I have tinnitus since November 2015. I woke up one day to ear popping in my right ear. I went to see an ENT & he told me i need surgery to fix a deviated septum and he told me I have T and nothing we can do about it. As days progressed I would hear thumping in both ears, my ears would flutter, i started hearing hissing like static & high pitch ringing. I took off work 6 weeks because I went into a depression & anxiety. I started researching more about tinnitus. I am working again, its hard because the hissing takes my focus away. The T comes & goes its so wierd. When its gone i enjoy those few moments of silence. I am doing yoga (sometimes I hear a ring & it fades off away after class) & I have had 3 accupuncture sessions, that helps me sleep all night & I take no medicines. If I hear motorcycles outside if I am in bed or just inside it makes My ears thump or flutter. I wish it would just go away. I go out Salsa dancing alot & my Dominican bf plays a cow bell with the music playing & I stand by him I think this all may be damaging my ears. My ears are sensitive now & I wear ear plugs to the club & always carry ear plugs with me now. Anyone relate to anything I am going thru. Will the hissing ever go away?

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi @Jovita1969
      There are many wise, experienced and caring people on here who will definitely support you through this journey. Their advice has helped me lots. In the meantime check out the success stories, they certainly show how there's light at the end of the tunnel. Although it does take time. Also try https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172. Kind regards Phil

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Great introduction post, @Jovita1969!

@Phil-O's advice is as good as it gets. I would just add that while your BF isn't looking, that you get a pair of pliers and remove the clapper from his cow bell...:D

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Welcome.

I'm curious why your doctor told you you had to fix your deviated septum? I have a deviated septum too, have had one forever. A few doctors told me they could fix it, but never pressed the issue.
      Is the ringing worse in one ear, or do you have problems with your Eustachian tube on the deviated septum side?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jovita1969

Jovita1969 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Alue,
      Both ears affected i think. I hear both of them hissing. I am scared the surgery will make t worse. So i put it off.

Jovita