New to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Skyamese13, May 27, 2016.

1. Skyamese13

Skyamese13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies, loud music
      Hi All,
      Just joined this forum after so much frustration trying to control this thing. It started about 2 months ago after a bad allergy attack. I live in Austin so allergies are super high here. So the tinnitus continued after I felt better. I tried Prednisone-didn't work, and antihistimines-didn't work and made me feel crazy! I'm hoping it's due to only allergies as I previously used to listen to my iPod on my earphones for a few years. I'm hope it's not the former because I've heard there is no cure for that. This really disrupts my life, sanity, peace of mind and I would like some feedback on how to cope with this if I can't find a solution soon. Thank you! -Nicole

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Have you had an audiogram? If so, do you have any hearing loss? Keep in mind, there can be hidden hearing loss, that a standard audiogram can't measure.

Stop using the earbuds, which I assume you have already? Keep away from loud noises for awhile and see and ENT. Maybe you have some earwax issues?

Try to stay calm and maybe it will resolve itself over time. if it's mild and only bothers you in a quiet room, consider yourself lucky. Keep some low background noise on, especially when sleeping. Try not to dwell on it and keep busy with life!

• Agree Agree x 2