New Tone in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adin, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Adin
      Inspired

Adin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/07/30
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably tmj
      Hey. A couple weeks ago I posted about having weird sharp pains in my left ear which went up and down, but where always there to some degree.

The pain has now gone away thankfully. But today in class, something weird happened.

I was working on a project with a classmate, not even noticing my T. Then out of nowhere a huge spike appeared in my left ear. I've had these several times before, and didn't worry about it at first since it usually settles after 30 seconds max. But when it had went down to about 40% of what it was at worst. It just stayed there, and it has stayed for a good two hours. Since it's a clear tone, I managed to match it at about 2,1khz. It's a lot louder than my usual T is regularly. And right now I just feel gutted and nervous. I've made huge progress with adapting to my T, H and TMJD, and I've recently started to feel it fading slow and steady after starting to take better care of my jaw.

But these kind of setback seemingly makes me feel like i did four months ago. Powerless to the condition. With anxiety slowly starting to build up. I just need someone to tell me this will settle soon, and that I will be able to continue my habituation ASAP. Hope everyone else is having a far better Monday than me :(

2. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      I've had spikes that last 2 days, then go back to baseline. I know how anxiety makes you feel when you experience this. So just give it sometime, I hope it will calm down for you soon.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adin
      Inspired

Adin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/07/30
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably tmj
      Thanks for your answer Luke! I'm glad to say that the new tone was gone upon waking up this morning. :) I really need to stop worrying about these spikes/temporary worsenings of symptoms. They really do still get to me even after 5 months. I wish you a further good week ;)

4. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Don't worry, the same happens to me!
      Just glad you're back to baseline.

• Like Like x 1
    5. threefirefour
      Peeping tom