New Wave of Hearing Gadgets

Discussion in 'Research News' started by stickywicket, Feb 15, 2016.

1. stickywicket

stickywicket Member

Tinnitus Since:
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. Neilpk

Neilpk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I think this is potentially quite useful.

It would be great if you could wear them to cancel specific tones or noises without using any masking.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. papu
      Chatty

papu Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I already order mine from doppler labs, they are supposed to ship on march. My tinnnitus is under control at a 2 sometimes less. I am ordering to use them all day and therefore protect my hearing without the currents plugs that i have now that increase my tinnitus sensation. I will post my experience once i have them.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    5. Neilpk

Neilpk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Hi Papu,

So you will be using these to accentuate the sounds in the environment whilst lowering your perception of tinnitus whilst also protecting your ears from any further damage? Am I understanding you correctly? Do you think these will help?

My tinnitus is mostly noticeable when trying to sleep at night so I use a white noise masker. I only really notice it in the day when I am stressed or going through an ocd phase.

Please do let us know how you get on with them.

Neil

6. papu
      Chatty

papu Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @Neilpk

the theory is to protect your ears without the neccesity of using earplugs. Right now at least in my case fi i put a earplug protection or my finger into the canal it protects me but increases my tinnitus sensation just as yours is noticible at nigth (silence). So if this works i will have the protection without the silence (that increases tinnitus sensation) that usually comes by plugging your ears no matter what you use.

• Like Like x 1