New Year, I'm afraid

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leo1994, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Leo1994
      Suicidal

Leo1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I got custom made earplugs, but even with them my ears arent totaly protected. Last time i went to club was 6 month ago and my tinnitus got worse (with the earplugs on).
      On new year my friends are planning to go to a big club, but I am so afraid my tinnitus will get worse ( Its like I know it will get worse). I dont know what to do, everyone is gonna go out party but im so afraid to do it..

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. 2014winner
      Inspired

2014winner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otitis media with permanent hearing loss
      Do you have someone you can talk with about your tinnitus and how you are living your life? You have to decide to manage it, and then do that. Calculate what the exposure at the nightclub may do to your ears and evaluate the risk. Decide whether it is worth it. Also, are you kidding about being suicidal? If not, talk to someone.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leo1994
      Suicidal

Leo1994 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Na im not suicidial, but im suffering alot :D
      The thing is, I always tell myself i have to live my life and have fun. Than the next day i regret it because my tinnitus gets worse and it makes me suffer :(

Btw, im 19 years old. People in my age just want to party :O

4. 2014winner
      Inspired

2014winner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otitis media with permanent hearing loss
      Please do not suffer. You have your friends here at Tinnitus Talk. Leo, I will say that from my experience you want to have some satisfaction from life as well as have it be enjoyable. What are your interests that you can work on and get better at? Who are the people that you care about most in life? What do you want to remember favorably ten years from now? Please be well, and keep us posted.

5. Dr. Ancill

Dr. Ancill Member Clinician

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      WIth custum earplugs that fit well and reduce the decibel level, you should be ok although you may experience temporary increase in T colume - partly because you will be focussing on your T to see how it is after the party. You won't do any permanent harm so relax. Most of your concern is anxiety - which, in turn worsens the tinnitus. Take control of your life and do whatever you want - just use yuor common sense.