Newbie! Help Me Weed Through All This! Sensorineural Hearing Loss, Stress, OCD, HSP

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Linzetta, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Linzetta

Linzetta Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hello! Please keep reading! I’m a 33-year-old female that developed a low humming/drumming sound in my left ear last week. Please read and help me with the overall things to know about tinnitus. Here are things that may have contributed to mine:

-The week before I had sinus congestion and allergies and all of a sudden had sensorineural hearing loss and loud roaring in my left ear. I went to the doctor's and cleaned out all the wax and was prescribed prednisone. Later that day my hearing started to go back to normal with no tinnitus. I only took prednisone for 2 days. I had a normal hearing test a few days later.
      -Then on Friday my daughter had surgery and I was a NERVOUS WRECK the whole day. That night I thought there were lots of trucks driving by the house (at a small distance) because of this rumbling humming sound that vibrates and comes and goes like Morse code.

So I’m on day 3 and I’m a highly sensitive person and I also have OCD so I’m obsessing about this issue and worrying it will never go away. I have been sleeping ok with a white noise near my head. All I keep reading is how long people deal with it and how nearly impossible it is to treat. Is it something that can often resolve on its own? I fear with the way my brain works that if this doesn’t go away it will drive me to the point of feeling suicidal. Is there any hope for me?

• Hug Hug x 1