Noise-Induced Recovery

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Recovered9000, May 7, 2018.

1. Recovered9000

Recovered9000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24 march
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi guys, hope you're all doing well.

I was on this forum quite a time now. Trying to find some hope by reading success stories. Now I think I have my own.

Tinnitus started for me on the 25th of march after a concert. Usually the ring goes away after a few days, but now it didn't. The ringing was very loud. I got worried and that's the reason I saw this forum. I tried a lot of stuff like vitamin B, Magnesium, Zinc and even prednisone nose spray. I do not know if it had any effect. But I stopped using it after 2 weeks. The doctor said I just had to be patience and it could go away.

Eventually I stopped thinking about it every time and I noticed that after some time that I could ignore it. I had some setbacks, after week 3 and week 4. Friends in the car would for example play loud music and the tinnitus would get worse again. Also had some hyperacusis.

But now after 6 weeks I can barely hear it! Even in a quite room. There was a loud car honking today and I thought it would make the tinnitus worse, but luckily it didn’t.

So people (new noise-induced tinnitus), have hope! Continue with the daily life and it might just fade away.

• Like Like x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. NormySan
      Wtf

NormySan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I’m happy for your recovery! Make sure to protect your ears in the future!

3. NormySan
      Wtf

NormySan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      For me i notice it every day, but depending on the situation I'm in the noise may be concealed by other noises around me. I try to focus on other things around me like doing some task, going to the gym or reading.

With your tinnitus being so new i would suggest going to a doctor if you haven't and see if there is anything they can do, I've read about people getting things like steroids in the early parts of getting tinnitus and having some improvements (But i have no personal experiences with this, just something i wish i might have tried when i first got it).

Living with tinnitus i would suggest to always protect your ears going forward, wear re-usable earplugs when out in public, riding a car etc and always protect your ears if you ever go out clubbing or similarly, use an ear plug with higher dba reduction, and make sure to never remove the earplugs while in a noisy environment since this can be a big shock for the ears.

Unfortunately i don't think there is a way to live without being concerned about it but if you take the appropriate precautions going forward it will most likely be much easier to live with it going forward and it will give your ears the rest that they might need for any recovery.

• Like Like x 1
    4. TravisK

TravisK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspected Acoustic Trauma
      I agree about protecting your ears from unnecessary loud noise. I don’t think you want to overprotect though, as some sounds are good for healing your ears, but take a break from the iPod for awhile, and wear ear protection for things like lawn mowers, loud music, loud engines, white noise, etc. so your ears can heal. I am currently finding that by really limiting such noise, my T is improving and so is my hearing. It’s been just over a week of doing this with noticeable improvement, so I’ll be curious what my situation is after a few more weeks.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Egg

Egg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Concert)
      This really makes me feel better about my situation. Thank you for sharing!
      Although I have only had a ringing in my ears for about 5 days now I have been really stressed about the possibility of it never going away. This is the first time this has happened to me and I think I have been obsessing too much about it which is making things worse. So I am so glad you are feeling better and hopefully I will make a recovery too, or at least it will get a little better.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hearing protection can provide a false sense of security. It might be better to just stay away from lawn mowers, etc, at least during the first year after onset.

• Like Like x 1
    7. TravisK

TravisK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspected Acoustic Trauma
      Easier said than done when you are a homeowner. :)

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Even before I got T, I began to mow my lawn twice a year - one time at the start of July, and one time at the start of September.

Also, as I found out one year, if you stop mowing your lawn, one of your neighbours might end up volunteering to do it (for free and anonymously).

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1