Noise-Induced Tinnitus — Suspecting Headphone Usage

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Blitz, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Blitz
      Lucky

Blitz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probable headphone overuse.
      Hey everyone, English isn't my first language so I apologize for any mistakes. It's been almost 2 weeks since that moment. I'm on a call with some of my friends from college when I decide to go to bed, I grab my headphones and remove them, then fall flat on the bed. And there's that sound, a constant non-stop high frequency beep. I thought to myself it would just dissipate in a couple of days but that didn't happen.

After that I called my ENT to schedule an appointment and got both a tympanogram and a full hearing test. One ear is in perfect condition while the right one has an almost unnoticeable amount of hearing loss. I was prescribed cortisone for a week (ongoing) and it doesn't bother me yet on a daily basis. It just happens to be on the background when things get very quiet. What steps do I take to not increase the intensity of it and make things worse? I already completely cut headphone usage and avoid loud places for more than 2 hours. First few days were kinda tough at night, I had to use a fan to cover some of my tinnitus so I could sleep.

I've read that people reduce their symptoms by not over-working their ears. Does that mean that it's possible to make symptoms almost disappear if I take care this early?

Thanks for reading.

• Friendly Friendly x 1