Not Being in Control Is One of the Reasons Why Tinnitus Is So Horrible

Discussion in 'Support' started by jasonbourne, Jan 5, 2019.

1. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I was lying down in bed a few hours ago, and heard a slight clanging of metal. Like someone was tapping a bed post slightly. It was driving me nuts because I couldn't figure it out. I got out of bed and walked out of the room and it was gone, only to get back into my bed only for it to come back. WTF is this.

Turns out it was a can of 7UP making the noise; and for a moment, I felt like someone who doesn't have tinnitus. I solved the annoying noise. At least, only to be once again confronted by my own. Now I released how horrible it is to not be in control. It's one of the reasons as to why tinnitus is so devastating, and the louder it is, the more your reminded of it.

Lack of control is one of the reasons why tinnitus is so horrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Yes, I agree. But the new devices that are coming out will change this. The guy in one of Neuromod's customer testimonials is saying precisely this: his tinnitus isn't gone yet but the fact that he could DO something about it eased the psychological pressure tremendously.

https://vimeo.com/neuromoddevices

Check the testimonial of Hugh (young bloke). Can't link it directly for whatever reason.