Not Having Any Problems Currently

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nobody001, Aug 3, 2016.

1. nobody001

nobody001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well, honestly I don't actually need to be here because I don't have a problem with my tinnitus. But I thought it'd be interesting so I joined. Well anyway, I've always had tinnitus for as long I can remember so I actually hadn't really noticed it for a very long time because I've had it for so long I just unconsciously blocked the sound out. So because of that, it doesn't really get in the way of my everyday living. But it makes it extremely hard to hear the person next to me in rooms with noise (like it doesn't even have to be particularly loud noise) so I'm constantly asking people to repeat what they said, and it gets on my nerves that more than half the time they just say never mind. I can't hear whispering either. Like at all. But it doesn't get in the way of my thoughts or anything.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Welcome to the forum.

Glad to find someone who is habituated.

I have a few questions for you.

Is you Tinnitus mild? Is it reactive to sounds. Do you have Hyperacusis.

I am curious because i want to know if anyone with all 3 like me is habituated?

3. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi nobody001,

You are definitively a success story, coming to terms with Tinnitus is the ultimate goal. About your hearing problem, have you talked with your ENT or audiologist about using Hearing Aids?, or have you tried using earplugs? but the musician ones. Those are great because in a loud place, they block all of the noise but you can still hear the voices, and that makes you hear what people is talking better. Sometimes I use Music Live earplugs, they are transparent and ease to use.

Hi Hopeful1, I have those 3 things, and I'm habituated to my Tinnitus, but I need to take care of my ears always, like using earplugs when needed, reducing stress, reducing my sugar intake, salt, etc etc... but yes, it is possible to habituate. My Tinnitus may be MILD, but in the upper level, if I look for it I can hear it over the TV, music, and inside of an airplane.

Regards,
      Johnny.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nobody001

nobody001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yeah it's mild, for now at least. If by reactive to sounds you mean that the pitch changes depending on sounds, then yes. And no, I don't have hyperacusis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nobody001

nobody001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No I haven't tried ear plugs or hearing aids. My parents don't even know about it yet cause I don't know how bring it up :/