Not Sure What Normalcy Is...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike K, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      So my tinnitus-inducing sinus infection must be getting better because I've heard no ringing (bar very small instances) for the last two days. I feel clearer and my ears feel like they are getting better. My eustachian tube must be clearing up if the ringing is gone. But I'm not sure if I know what ears normally sound like when swallowing and yawning. I feel that my ears are "popping" and "crackling" louder than normal when I swallow and yawn, respectively. But I'm not sure if I know what they would sound like if I'm healthy. I'm almost positive that they are indeed not normal, but it's very hard to tell. Has anyone else felt this way? I've gotten into the habit of inducing yawns/making my ears pop in an attempt to aid the process. Ever since getting T I easily convince myself of things like this, that something is wrong when I may just be hyper-aware of my current state and well-being. There have been some occasions where it sounds like my ears are making the "normal "noise when I swallow, so that's gotta be an indication that that is truly normal and I am on my way back to that, right?

I also noticed a very small (and I mean very small) click/pop in my jaw when I open my mouth all the way. It sounds like it is coming from my ear but it seems to be a jaw issue. It's quite possible that because I constantly open my move and move my jaw to pop my ears, my jaw is suffering from a bit of TMJ. I have no pain, but I hear this sound now. I bet it will go away in the morning. But I wonder, though, that perhaps my jaw is causing my ears to take so long to clear up? Maybe that my currently mucus-y eustachian tubes and aggravated jaw are playing together in causing my E-tube to take so long to return to normal.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here with this post, but I wouldn't mind hearing an outside perspective. On the bright side, the ringing is essentially gone! It came back yesterday after drinking caffeinated soda but went away soon after, and has come in and out on rare occasions today. I would say I don't hear it 80% of the time.