Otosclerosis (Possibly Can Be Ruled Out) — My Tinnitus Has Faded Away...

Discussion in 'Support' started by nike_madness, Jul 22, 2015.

1. nike_madness
      Mellow

nike_madness Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7-6-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otosclerosis?
      Does anyone here have this? I recently saw an ENT doctor and he suspects otosclerosis, but he said I'd have to see an audiologist for a possible 'rule out'.. ON the paper it said "Otosclerosis" (Rule out) My T. has gone away, it's been at least a week, I think. I haven't heard anything at all. I had also asked the ENT doc about the Cipro I was taking and the benzo-withdrawal I went through, and he didn't seem to think that was the cause... Soo, hopefully I can get answers tomorrow!
      If anyone has this, please share

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I'm not sure mine is the same situation as yours, but I was also given a possible diagnosis of otosclerosis, based on the fact that I was tested and found to have conductive hearing loss. However, my severe tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus started right after taking, and withdrawing from, a blood pressure drug. I had mild, non-bothersome tinnitus before that, but after the blood pressure drug, mine became severe.

More than one doctor suggested a stapedectomy to me, but I decided not to go that route. I still have both the T and PT, but I have somewhat acclimated to both.

I'm glad to hear your tinnitus is totally gone! That is great news!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nike_madness
      Mellow

nike_madness Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7-6-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otosclerosis?
      I appreciate the reply :) I think it's pretty much gone! One poster had said not to get my hopes up, he had said his T. went away, then came back in a week, but I'm sure mine is totally, TOTALLY different. My T. was never severe, or unbearable like his (said high dog whistle). It felt mild, I never got HIGH pitched noises, just various noises that were faded in the back of my ears.
      What High blood pressure were ya on? I've been having high blood pressure as well, but I don't wanna get on any medication. I think just exercising and eating right, reducing alcohol intake should lower it. (from what I've read) I plan on living and leading a healthy life style from now on. I use to be in good shape, but, well... I think we all know how hard it can be to maintain that for so long.

4. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      Still gone?