Ototoxic Eye Drops?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anima, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Anima

Anima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma/metronidazole+kanamycin
      I’m afflicted with a severe tinnitus, ototoxic related, which is mainly in my left ear, also in my right, but with a less severity.
      Yesterday morning, I went to visit an eye doctor who instilled in my left eye two of the following eye drops:

“Tetracaine Hydrochloride + Oxybuprocaine Hydrochloride anaesthetic eye drops.
      Ingredients: Each ml contains 1 mg of Tetracaine Hydrochloride and 4 mg of oxybuprocaine Hydrochloride.
      Inactive: Chlorobutanol, monopotassium sulfate, diclo sodium sulfate, purified water.”

Soon after the drops were in my eye, my severe tinnitus was barely audible and also I felt a bit of pressure in my left ear. This lasted for about one hour and afterwards it spiked to a very laud volume which hasn’t diminished yet, although the pressure is gone the spike remains. Last night it was difficult to sleep, even with my usual 4 mg Melatonin and 2.5 mg Valium, that I always take at nights. This morning the spike is not better yet, which starts worrying me. Is it possible that just two drops of this drug could be toxic for the ears and so it might have aggravated my tinnitus permanently?

I would appreciate a reply to my question if anyone knows, please.

Thank you very much indeed.