Out of Ideas: Diagnosed with Meniere's Diseases, Concerned I'm Losing My Hearing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by I Am Sam, Apr 16, 2019.

1. I Am Sam

I Am Sam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease?
      I am 28 years old, and after a year of symptoms, have been diagnosed with Meniere’s disease. I feel I am at the point where doctors are “happy” with their diagnosis and treatment, however my condition is not improving. I don’t know what avenue to follow next.
      I am currently taking diuretics (400mg) once daily. Prior to this, it was believed I was suffering from aural migraines so was taking beta-blockers for approx. 5 months (up to 60mg a day).

I currently experience continuous tinnitus (ongoing for 18 months) which increases in volume at times, and intermittent fullness. Prior to taking the beta blockers, I also felt a sense of what I can only describe as ‘yuckiness’ or general ‘uneasiness’. I have twice had what can be classified as vertigo attacks. Once at 2am in April 2018 whilst sleeping I woke up, with the room spinning unless I kept my head tilted to the right hand side. The other time was approx. 2 months after the initial attack at the cinemas. Both ‘attacks’ lasted for approx. 20 minutes.

I remember when I was around 12 years old I experienced what I now know to be tinnitus and fullness, however it went away with time. I’m not sure if this is related?

I am concerned I am losing my hearing (with my last hearing test in January 2019 indicating this. I have another test scheduled in June) and I am wondering if there are any other avenues I can try to help prevent continuing decay and tinnitus?

2. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      You may want to look into this. It could be an option. See if they can actually help Meniere's. https://www.tinnitustalk.com/posts/432354/