Overall Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tom Cnyc, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Hey all,

Over the past 2months I've improved a lot. I sleep better, I panic less, and I generally have 1/10th the symptoms I had in the first 2 weeks.

That said - everything still seems so LOUD. I don't have H. I opened a bottle of champagne last night, loud pop - no pain. When the bottles clank in the recycle, I'm fine. That said, going to a bar - continued exposure to a measured 85 - 90 decibels feels like I'm at a slayer concert after 10 minutes.

Does this get better over time? I work in media and the after work bar is kind of essential as my industry is a bunch of drunkards. My 15db earplugs are just too much for conversation, and without them is obnoxious. I ordered 9db filters in the interim but hoping this improves.

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i also work in an industry with a lot of drinking; i don't do loud bars anymore without earplugs. your mileage may vary.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I'm not really planning on it - hoping the 9db is a bit easier to work with though. My question is more, does the perceived volume increase normalize?

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus: