Path to Healing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lisa2018, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Lisa2018

Lisa2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mp3
      Hi there, I decided to post a diary in blog style to share my undertakings in finding a treatment. I will keep updating.

Some background info: my tinnitus and hyperacusis probably are noise induced due to years of loud MP3 usage. I think I've had tinnitus for a long time, just the past few months it became louder (no trauma that am aware of) and now constantly at 4-5 high tones. However, my C1 and C2 always have been giving trouble as well my jawbones (not aligned). And I have bad allergies. So the source is yet unknown.

So far I tried:

1. Protecting my ears even from normal sounds, voice, telephones, my own voice (less talking and lower voice). This because I believe my ears can now use their energy in healing themselves instead of working for me.

2. Lasertheraphy
      Result: I'm unsure if it's due to the laser, the overprotection or both, but my hyperacusis is much less. However for the time being I keep protecting and never leave the home, make phone calls or speak / listen without ear protection. Also, I only use noise if really necessary (with or without protection). MP3 as you guess is forever taboo. Music and other unnecessary entertainment for now is also avoided. With or without protection I still avoid loud places.

3. Cranial Sacral Therapy: these 'therapists' believe they are Jesus and that they can cure you just by touching you for a full hour. Please save your money. Don't confuse this with orofacial therapy however, I will start this therapy soon.

4. My ENT prescribed me a nose spray and 0,5 mg Prednisole (the mildest form) due to allergies and irritates he saw during my consultation. I will post the results after the treatment (6 weeks from now). I generally hate taking artificial meds but I will make an exception.

5. C1 and C2 massages.

6. I will be trying much more therapies and post them.

What I did notice is sleeping late / tiredness worsens the sound. So try sleep on time.

Message to newbies: in the beginning I panicked and thought my life was over. I searched forums like this and found the most compassionate and wonderful people who are willing to share their stories, offer advise and a shoulder when needed. I am very grateful to them. Don't despair! I have spoken to people older and further into their tinnitus. Some told me their tinnitus indeed worsened (mostly by lack of consideration and noise trauma). But they were able to hold jobs, live a happy and full life.
      The life you create comes from between your ears, not your ears! I always remember the late Stephen Hawking. What an amazing inspiration to all of us....

When trying to sleep I tell myself I am now safely enveloped in this sissing and hissing. Now I can travel to Sleepland. I also like to tell myself its the Sound of Silence, the Universe or whatever. Just some mind tricks while am on my way to healing or habitation or both.

If any questions, I'll be happy to answer!
      Take care

• Like Like x 3