Placing a Membrane on the Eardrum to Treat TTTS — Does Anyone Have Experience with It?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nobody19, May 23, 2020.

1. Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Hey all. As far as I know there is only 1 sort of treatment available for Tonic Tensory Tympani syndrome: Placing a membrane on the eardrum.

According to the Brai3n clinic in Belgium, "Placing a membrane on the eardrum allows the tensor tympani to relax so that some of the symptoms can be reduced or disappeared."

But I'm a bit sceptical. If it really works, wouldn't it be the standard procedure everywhere? My ENT basically said I had to live with it. The hospital I went to is in the same city as the Brai3n clinic, so it surprises me that my ENT didn't even bring this up.

Then again, Dr. De Ridder is a respected dr when it comes to tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of treatment, or do you know anyone who tried it? I'm very curious to hear about the results and possible side effect.

2. Aaron91
      Gloomy

Aaron91 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/headphones/concerts - Hyperacusis from motorbike
      Bumping this thread. Has anyone tried this? Is there any merit to the idea?

3. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      No

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
    5. Traumasux

Traumasux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fireworks
      I have them right now.

They did nothing sadly.

• Hug Hug x 3
    6. Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows? I have Patulous ET and ETD + Other things
      Sorry to hear that.

Mr Boets told me if it doesn't work the first time, they try it on different areas of the TM. Will you try in a different area?

What resonance symptoms do you get? We may have the same symptoms and can share anything positive we might find. For me vibrations from neck resonate in the ear. Like voice, shaver, pulse, neck grinding.