Poll: Do You Feel Tinnitus Has Ruined a Portion (Days, Weeks, Months, or Years) of Your Life?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, May 6, 2016.

?

Do you feel tinnitus has ruined a portion (days, weeks, months, or years) of your life?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      If yes, you are free to share the length of time if you want.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. fitActive04

fitActive04 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Ruined? Hmmmm... not sure I feel that way. When I developed tinnitus (from head trauma), I was living a very irresponsible, reckless lifestyle with most of my time and energy spent in clubs until the early morning hours. I had no ambition. No goals. No future to be quite honest with you. Unquestionably, I was on a one-way trip to Loserville.

Tinnitus certainly changed the trajectory of my life because I could no longer tolerate loud, noisy environments. My party-life came to a sudden stop. Today... I have an awesome career that I love. I have a life. I have a future. I am far more mentally capable, emotionally balanced and I take great care of my physical health. Am I saying that tinnitus is a good thing? Absolutely not. However, I would find it difficult to believe that I would be in a better place today (or even alive) if tinnitus would not have happened. But again, we all have different experiences, that just happens to be mine.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Tinnitus and sudden hearing loss has ruined parts of my life, perhaps permanently. I can no longer play in musical groups. I can no longer function well in loud social situations. I think it probably ruined at least a year of my life while I was trying to cope with the anxiety and depression. At this point, I am not as depressed and anxious so it is not ruining my life. It continues to ruin parts of my life but not my whole life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Sarah Russett

Sarah Russett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015 - April 2017 (now T-free)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      Fo as long as I'v had it. It has lessned and now other things are ruining my life, but certainly sveral several months.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      T cast its really ugliest, most anxious, shadow over 60 days of my life. I hope to take those 60 days back from it by helping others avoid the same.