Poll: Do You Have Loud Tinnitus Some Days, Quieter Tinnitus Other Days? If So, Is There a Pattern?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Is your tinnitus louder some days, and quieter other days?

1. Yes, and there is a pattern to the fluctuation

2. Yes, and there is no pattern to the fluctuation

3. No, the loudness of my tinnitus does not generally fluctuate

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      If there is a pattern, what is it and do you know what causes it? Thanks for any feedback.

2. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Right now, it comes and goes for me. As in it's completely gone some days, and so loud I hear it over everything on other days (very high pitch). So far I haven't identified any pattern to it but I suspect hard workouts might spike it.

CBD oil (with enough THC to alter perception) makes it more noticeable and I feel more anxiety about it, but that's probably true for any drug/medicine that enhances perception. Will stay off the oil for a couple of weeks to see if anything changes long-term.

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      My tinnitus may ease up a bit once in awhile for a very short time from very severe to severe. One cause is deep joint infection of disc disease from infected damaged nerves, veins and arteries in both neck and mouth. The severe pain never eases up.

4. Nick M

Nick M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      What a coincidence I just made a post about my T pattern today. Mine follows a sawtooth pattern. I get a huge spike that tapers down in several days to almost silent and then all of a sudden within a second, I get a huge spike and the T comes back full force. The graph would look like _|\__|\__|\__....

5. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anyone with T from acoustic trauma experience fluctuations in their T?