Poll: Do You Think You Would Still Have Depression If You Didn't Have Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by butterfly75, Jun 2, 2017.

?

If You Are Now Depressed, Would You Still Be Depressed If You Didn't Have Tinnitus?

1. Yes, I would be depressed regardless of tinnitus

2. No, I wouldn't be depressed if I didn't have tinnitus

3. I'm unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. butterfly75
      No Mood

butterfly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      For those of you who are feeling depressed, do you think you would still have depression if you didn't have tinnitus? Do you think you could be happy?

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Let's put it this way....I would still have some down times but I have some medications that really have been helping. I used to have certain thoughts that would send me crashing sometimes. I also would not have got as many other dark thoughts because I wouldn't have had the intensity of the tinnitus depression. I will say though, things are better now than when they first started. Unfortunately, I have a condition that requires me to take a CNS depressant AND something that works AS an anti-depressant (but is not an anti-depressant!) to help balance me out. Then I have to deal with T. I guess I will see what happens.

3. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I am currently going through a divorce and developed Dry Eye Syndrome and had a serious battle with issues related to it just before I developed tinnitus. So yes I would still be depressed, but certainly not to the level I am now though. I was functioning pretty decent through all my other issues. Now I’m struggling from day to day.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. DaveN
      No Mood

DaveN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
      I think I would be less depressed for sure. I had depression pre-tinnitus.
      Having said that, my depression over the past year (Ive had T for 11 months now) has gone suuuuuper up and down bc of it. I think I would have more joy in my life for sure.
      I miss being able to read a book without having to have some noise in the background.
      I do think my depression and quality of life would improve if it went away. Even if it went away intermittently and temporarily.
      Someday!