Poll: How Often Do You Visit Tinnitus Talk?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nicholas2255, Sep 12, 2019.

?

How Often Do You Visit Tinnitus Talk?

1. Daily

2. A couple of times a week

3. Once a week

4. Less frequently than once a week

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Nicholas2255

Nicholas2255 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long history of noise
      Hi, just out of curiosity how often do you check this forum?

I found this place about 7 weeks ago when my ringing just started, which I guess like many others put me into a lot of stress. I stopped visiting Tinnitus Talk after a week or two but after 5 weeks I finally signed up.

Since signing up here, I've been visiting a lot more and it feels like my ringing is a lot more noticeable, obviously the reason is because I'm thinking about tinnitus a lot by visiting here and constantly reminding myself about it.

So I wonder if any of you intentionally limit your visits to forums like this in order to help you "forget" about your tinnitus?

• Like Like x 1
    2. Cojackb
      Fine

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I try to space my visits out.

A lot of this is due to me finding my attitude and approach to tinnitus can be manipulated by a lot of the content that gets posted here (I'm referring to the negative threads).

I deal with my tinnitus better using my own methods but I like to come on here and help others who are in the early and panicky stages of the condition.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      about every 45 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Funny Funny x 4
    4. MrE
      Transparent

MrE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ears popped bad.. Lost my balance.. Machine sound followed.
      This!

Lets get real for a second. There are many negative vibes at Tinnitus talk, and to be honest.. It dosen't do any of us any good. The ENT I saw told me to keep on living my life. I'd rather lay down on some traintracks than stop listening to music. My T. is the somatic kind, and reading about all of the misery everybody goes through every day makes it spike like crazy. Even now, typing this, it spikes, and it has been silent pretty much all day.

Don't get me wrong though. There are many, MANY helpfull tips and suportive people here, and you all deserve so much better than being stuck in this T-nightmare.

Feel free to message me anything, any time. Mabye I could flip your negative thoughts to something ok. :)

• Like Like x 4
    5. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I take breaks, but I always come back to this place. This is where I can be with people who know exactly how I am feeling, especially on my toughest days, and there are far too many of these.

I will be forever grateful to have found TT.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise

“Shan’t tell yer!
      Doan af to if I dowanoo!
      Mind yer own beeswax!
      So there !!”

(only kidding - I do enjoy a little
      levity now and again.)

Dave x

7. JudyM
      Frustrated

JudyM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I got tinnitus around the same time as you. I do agree with you the more I visit here and research tinnitus or research tinnitus anywhere for that matter, the louder my tinnitus/hyperacusis becomes. It is important for me however to learn as much as I can about tinnitus, so I can learn ways to better deal with it. Unfortunately I don't think this is a short time thing and I went into it totally blind. We get a lot of support and knowledge here which is a wonderful thing right now...but it can also be confusing at times with different opinions but then tinnitus is obviously a mysterious disability.

• Agree Agree x 1