Possible Otosclerosis: A New, Yet Late Discovery About Not Feeling Vibration in My Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dja, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      Hi guys. I just want to be sure. I have been dealing with tinnitus, and I have also been dealing with hyperacusis caused by avoiding noise too much.

The thing is, I don't feel vibration in the affected ear. The affected ear doesn't vibrate when it hears sounds so I looked around and researched this.

It seems like that is a symptom of otosclerosis? Could this be it? Or are there other ways to lose vibration in the ear? I can't find anything else so this is the closest thing. I'm planning on having it checked but I just want to be sure if other things can cause the ear not to vibrate anymore.

Thanks.

2. baz14600

baz14600 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey, I have otosclerosis.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with feeling vibrations, do you mean your ear drum vibrating? I have one good ear one bad, both ears "feel" the same, only difference is that one hears much less.

The first sign of otosclerosis would be hearing loss, if you aren't experiencing this I would say you don't have it.