Post-Concussion Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Duane 10, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Duane 10

Duane 10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion
      I recently fell backwards and rotated to my right mid flight. Two days later I experienced vertigo, and a day after that extreme tinnitus in my right ear with some hearing loss. I was diagnosed with labyrinthine concussion... still in acute phase. Now getting ringing in my left ear as well. I've done the whole MRI and neurologist stuff. Seeing an ENT in 2 weeks. After what I've read on here I probably need to check my expectations from any real help from them.

It's 24/7 hissing and ringing, and I don't mean low level sound... it's deafening. I just would like to enjoy some silence.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. MarvinDeguzman

MarvinDeguzman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      We all share in the sentiment of silence, I hope you feel better soon.

Be cautious about the MRI, I have heard of people worsening because of the loudness.

3. Gman45

Gman45 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/13/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concussion or ETD
      Duane. I can relate.

My ringing started a week after concussion. In that week, I was just off with headaches and such. The ringing just turned on one morning and hasn't turned off. In the beginning, for a few months it was really loud and extremely distressing. It's calmed, but is still a beast. I have found a sound machine help to sleep. Try and relax would be my advice. I sometimes think my freaking out in the beginning sort of wired it in my brain stronger. Prednisone seemed to help me in the beginning by knocking it down a few notches. Still wish it was good though more than anything.

Also, as for the sound machine. I find white noise the best. Took me a while to figure that out.

I think my neck may be in play too which sort of makes sense since it was a blow to the head.

Wishing the best for you. It may just go away quickly in your case.