Pressure Episodes in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emster, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Emster

Emster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just wondering if this happens to anyone else.

I started having these weird episodes where I'd feel a rushing pressure/surge fly through my brain from left to right, then I felt like I could almost faint or lose my balance.

Then, after tinnitus arrived, I'd still have the pressure/surge through my brain, but I'd experience a sensation of pressure overcome my left ear as if something suddenly covered it and then I'd have the sound of a super high frequency that dropped to a very low frequency, then the sound would stop after about 2 seconds. Immediately after, I'd feel faint.

I've been to the ER where I had an EKG, CT scan and blood panel (normal). ER doc said to stop taking PheniTropic (Phenibut), which I was taking to try to sleep because I was going off Klonopin. The brain episodes and faint feeling stopped upon discontinuing Phenibut. I've been to an ENT.

Found out I have left ear high frequency hearing loss. She ordered MRI. I declined contrast. Normal result except for sinus inflammation. I've been to my MD. She can't really help.

I still have the ear pressure episodes (without frequency other than tinnitus), but not brain surges and no faint feeling. I really don't know if what I have experienced was/is klonopin withdrawal. I'm back on 1mg Clonazepam for sleep. Thank God!

I'd really like to know if anyone else has had these things happen to them. Thank you.