Pulsatile Tinnitus About Half the Time

Discussion in 'Support' started by balanga, Jun 3, 2018.

1. balanga

balanga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Hello everyone!

I just started having PT within the last year and thought I would post about my symptoms to see if anyone can relate or has any suggestions -- I am so ready to get rid of this!

I've had Meniere's-like symptoms in my right ear on and off since I was a teenager. It started with fullness and hearing distortion that would clear up on its own, sometimes for years at at time. When I was 22 there were a few months where I got regular vertigo attacks, and then it went into remission. About two years ago I started having slightly different symptoms -- mild dizziness and roaring, high-pitched tinnitus. Within the last year, my tinnitus has become pulsatile and is more or less constant. I have at least some quiet, high-pitched tinnitus in my right ear all the time, and I would say about half the time it's loud, pulsatile tinnitus.

A few things that make it worse temporarily: coughing, popping my ears, pressure changes (like closing the windows in the car). It also seems to be worse when my heart is beating harder or I'm stressed out.

I had both an MRI and MRA and everything came back normal. My ENTs are pretty much stumped.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or have any suggestions/support to offer? Is there a miracle doctor somewhere who has a good track record of treating PT? I feel pretty miserable sometimes, I could use a cure! Fortunately I'm stubborn and I'm going to keep looking for answers till I find them :)

Thanks in advance, and wishing everyone some peace and quiet.
      Robert

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. dfw
      Cool

dfw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sports arena
      I had PT show up about 8 months into my T. It actually started small, increased, then has backed off quite a bit. So there is hope. Julian Cowan Hill has a utube on PT, which I encourage you to watch.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      balanga

balanga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Thanks dfw, glad to hear you've had some luck with it. I checked out the Julian Cowan Hill video -- he has an interesting approach! I have no doubt I'd feel better if I could relax a little :) Thanks for the tip and keep feeling better.