Pulsatile Tinnitus at Night Time — with Sinusitis

Discussion in 'Support' started by scankaroo, Nov 4, 2015.

1. scankaroo

scankaroo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all,

I have had T since August 2003, and deal with it pretty well. After I have a cold, flu or whatever - I always have sinusitis for around 3-4 days. When I do, I use medication to help get rid of it. My T does increase in noise during it, but only temporary.

Anyway, yesterday morning I woke up at 5am to very loud T. There was also pulsating, but not in tune with my heart beat. It was very like 'dum dum dum' - around 4-5 beats every second, so very fast. I got my ears checked out by a nurse practitioner. She said there was very little ear wax and around my ear drum was a little pink, but nothing to warrant an infection - as yet.

Her advice was the same as what I've done since anyway. Decongestants, drink plenty of water, steam, etc.. I've also taken someone's advice of this website and trying magnesium tablets. The daytime of yesterday it was bearable, and went to bed with a speaker under my pillow with music, for the first time in ages. Woke up at 6.30am, to thumping T again. The pulsating was back. Off I go to water, decongestants, etc.. again.

It looks like I have sinusitis, but weirdly (for the first time ever), it's come - not off the back of a cold, flu, etc.. My ear does feel like it's a bit congested, whether that be fluid, air, whatever.

I guess I'm asking, if you suffer from T do you get similar symptoms to this when you have sinus congestion?