Pulsatile Tinnitus Followed by Visual Snow and Other Symptoms: What's Wrong with Me?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ari250512, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Ari250512

Ari250512 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! I first started noticing pulsatile tinnitus in June of 2023. It’s in my right ear and is worse when I’m lying down or bending over. At first I thought it was maybe stress or brought on by weight gain - I happen to be a female who is considered overweight/obese. I’ve tried pressing my jugular and, when I let go, it’ll start to decrease in sound for a few seconds before increasing again. I’ve also tried the Valsalva maneuver but while I’m doing that, the tinnitus will switch to left side before releasing.

At first the pulsatile tinnitus was the only symptom that I had or was aware of. However, I’ve also started to experience some symptoms of visual snow - including after images, blurry vision and floaters. But I haven’t had any noticeable vision loss, my vision is just weird. I also have headaches some days, but they don’t feel different from the headaches I’ve experienced in the past. Other symptoms I have are a feeling of pressure in my head, some memory issues and in the last couple of days I’ve been getting random muscle spasms throughout my body, but I also read that the muscle spasms can be a symptom after episodes of extreme anxiety or stress, which I have been experiencing a lot lately.

• Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. BB23
      Insomnious

BB23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics and mirtazapine
      Are you on prescription medications? Have you done any hardcore drugs recently? Did you have any head trauma?