Pulsatile Tinnitus for 12 Years

Discussion in 'Support' started by DinaT, May 28, 2017.

1. DinaT

DinaT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      After an upper respiratory infection, I was diagnosed with PT (told the URI was not related to developing PT).

Had multiple MRIs; an angiogram, several visits to the otolaryngologist-- objective PT unknown etiology/idiopathic.

I did try beta blockers -- no help. No treatment available -- last visit to the doc over five years ago.

Anyone here with a similar scenario?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @DinaT,

I've had PT for seven years now; had lots of tests, and no real diagnosis. I've tried beta blockers, too. In my case, the beta blocker may have contributed to my problem. My PT started right after I took a blood pressure drug for the first time (Lisinopril).

I have learned to live with my PT, and to adjust to it as best I can. Sleep can be a problem; I try to stay up until I'm really sleepy. I also take magnesium glycinate tablets before going to bed.

Exercise, diet, and keeping my blood pressure under control seem to help me the most.

I'd like to know what sort of coping strategies you have learned over these last 12 years. Do you have any additional thoughts or suggestions?

Best wishes,
      Karen