Pulsatile Tinnitus Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Harman, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Harman
      Cool

Harman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After Hematoma evacuation Surgery in my chest
      Hey all, I am new to this site I developed pulsatile tinnitus on Feb,27,2015. I had gynecomastia surgery for excess tissue in my chest on Feb,25,2015 but the next day I developed Hematoma in my chest and had to get rushed to the hospital, I was on IV, Morphine and i forgot what else from around 10pm-12pm the next day (spent night at hospital). I had surgery on the 27th to remove hematoma from my chest so I was put to sleep during the operation so general anesthetic and I was on morphine,IV and had surgery with general anesthetic just on the 25th. When I came home that day (27th) I felt really tired/sleepy with major PT and just fell asleep when I woke up it was Way better but still there so i googled it and saw it was PT. Ever since then i have been so scared that it will be permenant it goes with my heartbeat and when i press below my jaw it stops. It gets worse when I move my head side to side or up and down. ever since my surgeries my heart has been skipping beats or giving extra beats its weird and when that happens the tinnitus gets loud and quiet immediately. Please someone help me out here I feel so depressed anxiety cant sleep at night, when im laying in bed at night or anything and the PT is not happening i try listening for it (very bad habit) and it starts again its so bad its driving me crazy im 21 and used to have minor PT now that i remember when I was a kid and had a bad flu. Do you think it has anything to do with the general anesthetics or anything I start my new job for Telus on the 16th and as excited as i was I am now depressed i cant stop this sound its driving me crazy sometimes it gets SO loud i don't know what to do its only in my right ear it was also in my left ear but that stopped a week after now its only my right. Any ideas what caused this?? the more i think of it the worse it gets especially at night i just feel like crying and ripping my ear off. any help guys thanks..

2. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      is it same on high blood pressure and low. Your tinnitus is called objective that ment there is reason you have it and you can cure it but reason has to be found.

Of course you can have demage becouse of anastetics but pulsative same as heart beat show you got some vein too close to ear, or both ears. Something changed.

Try to do atlas correction on neck. but only atlas. or talk with a atlas chiropractor

i think 90% you will cure it, but force doctros to do MRI of head and neck with contrast for blood vessels. If you want to try to lower blood presure the easiest it to donate blood.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Harman,

Welcome to Tinnitus Talk! I'm so sorry to hear that you have this affliction called pulsatile tinnitus. I have pulsatile tinnitus, too, in my right ear. There are so many possible causes for pulsatile tinnitus that it's hard to say what caused it, but it does sound to me as if it was somehow linked to something that happened during or as a result of your surgery. However, the fact that you had pulsating in your left ear, but it went away, is encouraging. Maybe it was caused by the trauma of the surgery, and will subside on its own.

However, if it doesn't, I agree with Christian78 that you might want to consider having an MRI, along with MRA (arteries) and/or MRV (veins). Another test to consider is a CT scan of your temporal bone area. Then, at least you'd have the peace of mind of knowing that there were no obstructions or problems with your veins and arteries.

I've had PT, plus hissing tinnitus, for nearly five years now. I've had the above-mentioned tests, but nothing was found. I will say that it gets easier as time goes on, and as you become more habituated to the sound and the feeling.

I think you should go ahead and start your new job, and see if the pulsating improves any over the next couple of weeks. If it doesn't, you might then want to try going to a neurologist or neurotologist for a checkup and possible testing.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 2
    4. Martin Müller

Martin Müller Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi,
      i had a pulsatile tinnitus in 2012 in the left ear.
      I could cure it with increasing sport activity shortly after the PT started, namely swimming each day half an hour.
      It took several weeks but in the end it weas gone.
      I could recognise it being diminished directly after each swimming, and i continued until it was gone.
      The PT kept gone, but unfortunatrely - approx. half a year later i caught a noise induced non Pulsatile tinnitus-.
      But that's another story.

May my 'PT-solution' be helpful to others.

Best wishes
      MRS

5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Thanks for sharing this with us, Martin. It's great that you were able to resolve your pulsatile tinnitus through swimming. I don't know if it would work for everyone, but I'm glad it did, in your case.

Do you still have the non-pulsatile tinnitus, and how are you doing today?

• Like Like x 1
    6. RyanJayDayv

RyanJayDayv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      I had pulsatile tinnitus as well man, but guess what... It's gone and it WILL be the same for you, give it time and it will go... I promise. I'm here if you need any support. Peace.