Pulsatile Tinnitus in the Eye?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Huey, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Huey

Huey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      two years
      Hello everyone. I am new here, just found your wonderful site. Does anyone else have pulsatile tinnitus in the eye?? I feel and see my heart beat in my eye. I have had this for two years now, I also have Ehlers Danlos Disease Classical and I am told by the drs. they cannot find anything on MRI MRA, etc. They do believe me as it coincides with my pulse, but they have no clue. I am thinking it might be high intracranial pressure as I have also lost vision in the same eye and there is also some hemorrage in the retina (same eye again) I am getting no where here and am concerned I may have a stroke, thanks for any info. you may have for me, Huey

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Huey, and welcome!

I have pulsatile tinnitus, but do not have benign intracranial hypertension. Here's something you may want to check out. On Facebook, go to the search bar, and type in "Whooshers Unite". There is a closed group there that you can join, with other people like us, who have pulsatile tinnitus. There are several members who have IH (intracranial hypertension), and I have found that there is also a Facebook group entitled "Benign Intracranial Hypertension". You may be able to find a lot of information there from other folks who have this condition.

I certainly understand what it is like to have the constant pulsating going on; I've had it (in my ear only) for over three years. It's no fun, and it is very hard to sleep and to concentrate. I can imagine what you've been going through for the past two years!

Good luck, and I hope the folks on "Whooshers Unite" will be provide some helpful information to you.

Best wishes,
      Karen