Pulsatile Tinnitus Stopped by Coffee, However Now Suffering from Awful Dizziness

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by lleyah, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. lleyah

lleyah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unanswerable
      2016: loud all head consuming pulsatile tinnitus began, I habituated, doesn't bother me at all, no matter how loud it gets.

2019: I discovered coffee stopped it completely, I went on a binge.

Out of the blue a zap, in the occipital area, a nerve or vessel. I was fine until the next day. I woke up sluggish, knees collapsed, got dizzy almost fainted. ER said vertigo. I'm dizzy every single day. I can't stand up over 2 hours. My head goes from 96.3 to 100, until I sit down. When I think I can, I lift something heavy, then pain all over the side of my head, ibuprofen takes it away.

HERE IS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM... the SUN and temperatures over 70°.
      I can't seek help year round because the sun makes me faint now.
      6 months of circles, nowhere, no clues.

I read your bio, it said nothing about pulsatile tinnitus. Sorry for the post. I know it is a complicated case. Any ideas? ️‍

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hello @lleyah -

Perhaps I am missing something, but I do not see any clear connection between your four-year history of pulsatile tinnitus that does not bother you at all and your six-month history of dizziness and headaches. I assume you have been thoroughly evaluated by a neurologist, who may well have recommended an MRI and an MRA. But beyond that suggestion, I am sorry, but I really have nothing to add besides wishing you success in your search for relief.

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.