Question About Alcohol, Campral, and Tinnitus:

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jun 21, 2016.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay, so I hadn't drank any alcohol in like 16 years or so but I decided to see the other day if it would lower my tinnitus. I drank I think maybe around an ounce of liquor (not sure, but it definitely wasn't enough to get me drunk). Anyways, it did not lower my tinnitus. My question is, if liquor will not lower my tinnitus, would Campral not be able to lower my tinnitus either or does that have a different effect than alcohol? Also, if alcohol does lower your tinnitus, how much alcohol do you have to drink for it to take effect?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Actually, I think it was not an ounce but 2.5 ounces.

3. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Buy a bottle of red wine. Perhaps a nice cab sauv. Drink it until you're super relaxed. For me that's the whole bottle. For you,maybe half.

Don't Buy cheap wine. It's just a headache for anyone, regardless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay... new question... The first question happened at a time when I was taking drugs that acted on GABA receptors and Glutamate: Lamictal and Klonopin. A while after I got off both those medications, I believe I had an alcoholic drink enough to get a buzz. Anyways, my tinnitus seemed to go down. My memory isn't great but I think it was the next day I woke up, went to urinate and started blacking out due to low blood pressure. I had to lay down on the ground feeling awful until I broke out into a sweat and could stand up again. I tried measuring my blood pressure on the floor but it kept giving me an error code. That happened to me some years ago when I had a drink during the summer time and the a/c was broke. Woke up sweating in the morning, went to urinate, started blacking out. I think it has to do with my dysautonomia. Being that I am afraid of kindling and have dysautonomia and that alcohol has created a "static like" tinnitus for me when I wake up from sleep in the morning, I have been hesitant to drink again, but who knows what I will do in the future.

It just dawned on me that I have some of my prescription of Campral left but unfortunately, it's not enough for 3 months which is what some of those tinnitus studies said it took to improve tinnitus for certain people. I probably have enough for two weeks at the low dosage.

Has anyone taken this stuff for two weeks and noticed an improvement?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Question: If alcohol lowered my tinnitus, could Campral lower my tinnitus? Anyone here have experience in this?