Quiet Days

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Gabrielle, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
      Dear Dr. Nagler,

Please may I ask you a question?

I have tinnitus now for almost 9 month's. Cause unknown, according to my ENT possibly damaged inner ear syringing treatment that went wrong).

I kept a log for 9 month's and there is no pattern. I could feel stress and the T was low, I could have a bad sleep and the T was low, I could have a lot of stress and the T was low! I could feel lucky and the T was extremly loud!.... So, T goes his own way.... no matter what I did.

The case is: I have a quiet day once a week. Sometime two quiet days. In the morning when I wake up, the sounds are there, always. But once or twice a week, the sounds completely dissapears suddenly. When it happens it is completely quiet and compeltely silence is what I 'hear'.

I am very gracefull to have those days, because other days my T is very loud and high. (3 sounds: EEEEEEE and SSSSSSSSHHH and TTTT TTTTT TTTT TTTT (morse-code).

Dr. Nagler, I know tinnitus is unpredictable, so you cannot give me an answer maybe. But my question is this: do you know people, or stories of people who has tinnitus for years, and still have quiet days now and then?

Because if you do, it will give me hope that the quiet days for me always will be there.....
      If I know that my quiet days will happen once or twice a week... I can better cope with T.

I know T is unpredictable, but I would like to know if you do know people that have quiet days sometimes, even if they have T for years and years.

Today it's January 28th. After 4 days of very loud tinnitus, this morning the tinnitus suddenly stopped after using vacuum cleaner. It happens to me sometimes, that when I make noise with some other thing, the T stops! As if T is thinking "O, well, that is a lot of noise... I better stop myself".
      It is now 2.01 am and T is still not there, I hear NOTHING, it is totaly quiet!

But every morning T is back. My brains make T during the night, because every morning it is back....

Strange.. .but T is strange....

Thanks for reading and hope you can answer my question. Sorry for my bad English. (i am fromn the Netherlands).

Best regards,
      Gabriëlle

• Like Like x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Sure I do, Gabriëlle. In fact, I know of people who have had tinnitus for years, and then have it totally disappear for good!

All the best -

stephen nagler

• Like Like x 1