Quiet Today

Discussion in 'Support' started by alysia, Mar 16, 2014.

1. alysia
      Dancing

alysia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      oct 2013
      I'm down to a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 hiss noise that began Oct 2013. I'm taking a nutritional approach, thinking I had hair cell damage which means some hearing loss has occurred. had myself tested and there some high frequencies I no longer hear in that ear. I had constant steam hiss noise all day and all night at varying levels. just today thought I'd put some oil with turmeric added to my right ear. It got quieter and quieter just today with this new experiment.
      been reading on the benefits of turmeric for other body conditions. as well I take coconut oil. also for the ear. although it's pretty quiet up there for the first time in days, I've learned that it can come back with a vengeance so I'm cautiously proceeding toward my dream of restoring full hearing to the right ear. I see no reason to believe it can't be done, at least we can try something new. also using these sound retraining videos on utube may be helpful as you're retraining the signals in the brain, although i don't understand this theory yet, I use the noise behind my regular ambient music and this may be part of the reason my ear is quieting down.
      I won't mention how much I've spent to cure this but it's a lot, as I know they have said there's no cure, that's why I have to invent the cure. am anxious to read all of the reports here, and wanted to share I am making progress.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Interesting. Are you using turmeric because of it's inflammation reducing properties or for some other reason? I hope this helps for you!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alysia
      Dancing

alysia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      oct 2013
      I'm using it for the inflammation. it seems to reduce pain in the back area. there are too many uses for it to list them all. I just finished reading all the success posts here and think a neck pain I was having chronically could be related to spinal condition so I'm excited to learn my T could be related to this spinal curvature I was told I had. in that case I think exercise is called for, as I was not getting much for a year or two before the T set in. anyhoo, I do take a nutritional stance in dealing with T, however there is more to it than just nutritional factors so I'm keeping alert to these posts. it still is quieted down to just one level mostly. it is getting better. what helped me the most was reading about some T sufferers got better after 6 months or a year. I'm approaching my 6th month, so it gave me hope, although I'm habituated to this one level now I still would like to see if I can regain my hearing in that one ear. I wanted to return to singing, but afraid to with one bad ear...I will probably try it just to see if I do ok