Quieter in the morning?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Don H, Dec 6, 2012.

tinnitus forum
    1. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      My T is usually fine 3 or so hours aver awakening then it starts to act up in various degrees as the day progresses. does anyone else have this pattern?

2. Alexa

Alexa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      That sounds pretty similar to me lately. Sometimes mine will be almost absent at the start of the day, so it sucks when it starts to fluctuate as the day goes by.

3. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes, this is a common pattern also for me and others.

Usually mine follows 1 of 3 patterns every day:
      1) Starts low (1 out of 10) and slowly climbs till bedtime where it is usually (6/7 out of 10)
      2) Starts low (.5/1 out of 10) and remains low all day long
      3) Starts higher (5/6 out of 10) and stays consistant throughout the day.

I have been trying to find the reasons/triggers for this but so far been unsuccessful. I would like to keep it a #2 all the time. The fact that it can be that low and stay that way tells me that there is some mechanism in place in my brain that has the capability of doing this if I could figure out what that is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Don H

Don H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Those patterns are very similar to what mine are like Eric. Now the question is WHY?????

5. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes, Don that is the $64,000 question for which I am still on my quest to solve. I do notice that the better sleeping night I have which means no waking up, no anxiety during sleep, no racing thoughts etc....just good complete sleep will almost always give me a good low T day no matter what I eat or do.

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Mine is very similar, too. It starts out fairly low in the morning, particularly if I've slept well. Then, it proceeds upward during the day. Worst time of the day for me is generally late afternoon/early evening. Sometimes, it seems a little better late in the evening. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, what I eat, etc.

Now, if we could just figure out how to keep it at a lower level all day, that would be wonderful! I agree that there must be some sort of brain mechanism that causes this.

7. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Don H

great question

my tinnitus is absent for a few seconds upon awakening...less bothersome until im fully away...many minutes or up to an hour

but

if i take an afternoon nap , when i awake my T is off the hook...always!...strange