Reactive Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by DavidSupertramp, Nov 7, 2015.

1. DavidSupertramp
      Cheerful

DavidSupertramp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma and TMJD
      Hi guys , hope you are fine .. So another thread from me again because now i have really bad reactive T , it gets louder in my right to every sound i hear , it can't be masked with anything . I wouldnt say it is severe yet but it is getting worse everyday .. Plus i have like a hairdryer sound which combines with the normal " eeeeeeee " . It gets gradually worse ( reacts gradually ) when i am in a silent room with a fan on , white noise or when the sound around is constant , it doesnt have to be loud or anything but just constant , it even reacts to silence . I have to plug my ear with my finger and it gets better for a moment .. Anyone who had or still have this type of reactive T or by experience can tell me what should i be doing for this to get better ? Does it even get better ? Maybe i should not be afraid and let it react violently with constant noise and maybe it will get better like H ? I really dont know

2. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hi. Sounds really nasty. You might want to go through numerous threads about the topic that have already been created before you start a new one, for the sake of clarity on the forum.. I have reactive T too, maybe not that much. Globally there's nothing to do to make it better - that's bad news. Good news is sometimes reactive T stops to be reactive in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I have reactive T which a few weeks ago was even reacting to my voice even spoken quietly. I think its a form of h to be honest and will slowly settle. Mine did before my present relapse. maybe try different background sound which is not a constant, like a gentle water sound or woodland sound, something that does not continue. white noise is horrid i find, pink or brown, though I'm not keen on those either really. You T is still quite new so is still settling I believe and can still go within the first 6 months.

• Like Like x 1
    4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I have the same reactive T. I can't even run a near silent ceiling fan. Ive had it for 6 months and my base line has gotten worse overall little by little but it due to encountering noises outside even tho I had ear plugs and ear muffs on. The only thing that helped bring it down was Steroids. I took Medrol in the beginning. That gave me no side effects. Prednisone did later so I stay away from that. I am going to take Medrol again tomorrow to try to lower by base line again.

• Like Like x 1
    5. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      Good luck and let us know how it goes!

6. Weswhat

Weswhat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I think I have reactive T. Although the only noise that makes it reactive are the huge planes that fly in by my house. Live right by an air force base. Such a pain in the ass.

• Hug Hug x 1