Red Onions & Tinnitus Spike — Intolerance?

Discussion in 'Support' started by A123Lon, Jun 26, 2019.

1. A123Lon
      Dramaqueen

A123Lon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      So... sounds weird. But I fell ill, and so decided to eat tabbouleh all day to give myself a healthy pick me up (it's almost all raw onion, parsley, tomato). This was the worst decision I've made in like 6 months. My tinnitus has been really manageable most of the time over the past year or two. But this time I woke up with really bad sinuses, screaming ears like twice the normal volume I've gotten used to, and actual stomach pain & gassiness. Turns out I think I have onion intolerance, but have never eaten an onion raw and in a high quantity to find out (the meal used a whole raw onion).

Problem is that my tinnitus is still crazy. This onion was ate a week ago now. I was doing fine with my tinnitus before, but now getting the bus is painful and I feel like I'm going to be sick when I'm on it. I have this weird taste in my mouth which I've only ever experienced once before after taking a certain illicit drug. This has been going on for a week and like? I'm lost. I don't get how a literal onion could do this to me. I'm currently flipping between shutting off any thought about this like an autopilot mode and general panic. It doesn't make any sense to me at all but that is tinnitus I guess.

I don't know what exactly I'm asking, has anyone else had this happen to them? Does anyone else have food intolerances that spark up spikes and did they last a really long time? I need Nytol to sleep right now most nights and I'm going a tiny bit mad at the thought of this lasting forever to be honest.

As a side thing I'm partially just writing this down because logging on here and finding old posts from 3/4 years ago where I'm panicking and distressed has made me realise that life goes on after these spikes? I hope... aahghhggdhfjyhlijjkklj sorry anyway... two days into the spike I watched a DJ set on the TV with some friends and had a spliff, and that made me go a bit crazy tinnitus wise and mentally. I ended up awake at night scribbling depressed & suicidal thoughts onto a sheet of scrap paper because I couldn't deal with the level of noise that caused combined with the fucking onion, thinking I'd literally kill myself if I had to put up with this my whole life at that level. Because of an onion?? Jesus. Not sure if it was tired delusion or not. But I ended up crying in the morning explaining to my housemates why I'm not letting them take me to A&E. It's been a terrible spike, I haven't felt the need to come here in years... but I'm hoping it gets better.

I will be going to the Chinese doctor when I get paid so if anyone has any experience with that too let me know how it went.

• Hug Hug x 3