Regular Pattern in Tinnitus Symptoms — 2 Days Silence, 2 Days Noise, and the Cycle Repeats

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve0, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Steve0

Steve0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I've noticed a pattern with my tinnitus. For me it's 2 days on and 2 days off. Does anyone else get this?

During the off days I am still careful to avoid triggers which are showers without earplugs (earplugs help), driving my car (again earplugs help), standing in certain parts of the house (I know it's crazy). But on the off days it is much more resilient to starting up and sometimes just comes on for a few seconds and goes away.

During the on days the triggers will start it very easily or make it worse if its already going... or I might just wake up with it going. The only way that it will stop is after sleeping, generally after the 2nd night.

Sometimes I will wake up at say 6am to go to the toilet and it's still screaming... I got back to sleep and at 8am its almost silent. So weird.

Another trigger is falling asleep on the lounge... I can have no noticeable tinnitus then take a nap and wake up with it screaming 30 minutes later. That's what happened this evening... but then again I have had near silence for 2 days so this is the on day... I was waiting for it. It's screaming so loud one ear even hurts at the moment.

The tinnitus in itself is hard to deal with but trying to work out and avoid the triggers is also very hard to deal with too.

Cheers
      Steve

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. KMc24

KMc24 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      My tinnitus follows a similar pattern. For the first 8 months It was constantly the same-- very loud ringing, and unrelenting. At about 8 or 9 months I started to have a random day of quiet. Then it increased to 2 days a week. Now I get a loud day, followed by a moderate day, then a day or two of quiet. Sometimes, but rarely I get 3 days in a row. Lately, I get a loud day then the next day might be quiet depending on how well I sleep. Then it usually ramps back up to loud the next day, and the pattern continues. Naps also make it louder, but it settles back down to where it was shortly. I'm 15 months in with tinnitus.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I have a similar pattern relating to intensity and sound tolerance. It seems to have always been that way. even after six years.

4. PeterPan
      Nerdy

PeterPan Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heat Exhaustion
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Steve0

Steve0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thanks for the responses. I wish we knew more about tinnitus and why it comes and goes like this.

The fact that it goes away gives me hope because it means it can stop ... I'm just trying to work out how to make it stop permanently or atleast bring it back to the low level it has been at for years.

I'm trying everything at the moment, Vit D ( I was low), less sugar, earplugs and avoidance, negative ions, I even have a silver lined beanie that I have been wearing. I havn't tried CBD oil yet (it's not legal in Australia).

As expected today I woke up into loud tinnitus and it went all day long. Hopefully tomorrow will be a quiet day.

PeterPan I like the way you have logged your tinnitus levels. I should do the same.

Cheers
      Steve

6. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      See my avatar :)
      Your good days should become more but sadly also your bad days.
      If you have time see my post!

• Creative Creative x 1