Results of MRI (Multiple White Matter, the Result of Mini Strokes Possibly)

Discussion in 'Support' started by slipware, Dec 3, 2014.

1. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Good evening, well, it is here in the UK. I've had MRI results from the brain/ear scan. It shows multiple white matter, the result of mini strokes quite possibly.

This, it seems, is the reason for my dreadful tinnitus, full ear, balance problems etc.

Anybody else had white matter showing clearly on scan?

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Can you post the results?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      In England the NHS does not supply the results they take and show you them in your consultation so no, sadly I can't.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm having a tough time again, I wondered if anybody else had put together terrible migraine headaches and all that a migraine entails, ie; pain, fuzzy, light and sound intolerance and balance problems with worsening and spiking tinnitus? I have found several times lately that either migraine itself or the co-codomol has sent my T off the scale.... I know it will settle back to (loud) baseline again, but it's hell right now. I'm on warfarin and beta blocker, could these be the reason for increasing number of migrainous headaches? I can kill the pain with codeine (can't take aspirin or ibruprofen because of warfarin.... But I can't control the T and strange right sided feeling in my head. Any ideas folks? I don't often let it get to me but the combination of all those things (I have a heart complaint too), has rocked me...

5. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      So sorry to hear about your condition..
      You can take coq10 it's helpful for stroke.. It helps.. it doesn't interact with other medications..

6. TaterLady

TaterLady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My MRI showed the same results: moderate white matter. Two doctors have told me that it looks like I have an 'old' brain. Something else to worry about, was my reaction. Wonder if this is common in T sufferers?