Ringing Worse for Last 2 Days (Possibly Because of Black Cohosh or SAMe)

Discussion in 'Support' started by abbynormal, Oct 28, 2018.

1. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The only difference in diet/nutrition is I added Black Cohosh for bad hotflashes I have. I also started SAMe on Wednesday and took my 4th of that supplement today. I am not sure which might be causing it, but I've also had dizziness, or more like light-headedness really.

Anyone have this happen with either of those things, the SAMe, or Black Cohosh? Thanks much for any help. Tomorrow I am not taking the Cohosh since it was the thing I started 2 days ago when the ringing got worse, and the dizziness. It's confusing because under Cohosh known side-effects didn't list dizziness, but SAMe did.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is a good sign that nobody else on this forum seems to have ever reported getting a spike as a result of taking Black Cohosh.

• Like Like x 1
    3. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I've taken SAMe before and it never increased my T.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I know I'll have to do my own testing, so today I'll skip one of the two and see what happens:) Thanks to both of your replies:)

5. blissaliss
      Swamped

blissaliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drugs/ maximum stressful job
      SAM-e never increased my tinnitus. Is black cohosh for hormones? I find things that shift my hormones increase my tinnitus. Just my own experience.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. blissaliss
      Swamped

blissaliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drugs/ maximum stressful job
      Forget that last reply. I started using SAM-e last month during hard times. I thought it was the stress causing the spike. Then this week I skipped the SAM-e for several days and half the spike disappeared. I had to report due to my latest posting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm sorry I didn't see your reply earlier, and I do appreciate it. I tried both SAMe, and 5HTP. Both had negative effect on me. The Black Cohosh was me trying to get rid of body temperature "swings" or I guess Hotflashes. I am 66 this next month, and still getting those. I've had some bloodwork done and found my thyroid was low so I started into alternative meds suggestions (home remedies) and got my thyroid balanced out, or at least the bloodwork came back way good after almost 6 weeks of using mainly coconut oil, and anything with iodine.

But yes, I'm in the process of discovering what "might" be the causes of spikes, but seems mostly, there is no answer, yet. Nothing I can be certain of.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Ok, I best stick with the 5htp I'm taking, no spikes with that. In fact, I can got to bed at night with no "sound spa" on, just a clock that plays rain sounds by homedics. Sorry I didn't come back to this thread. I didnt realize I had replies. Thanks to everyone.

On another thread I mentioned a heavy duty spike yesterday and lastnight. But when I took a good look at what I was eating yesterday, I had eaten a ton of salt. I'm almost certain that's what did it.

• Like Like x 1
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      lol abby normal.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's me 200w.gif

• Creative Creative x 1
    11. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi there,

Your post interested me because I am contemplating taking SAMe to lower histamines.

It sounds like you've experimented with SAMe and decided it was the culprit?